The proposals follow various changes implemented in April 2018 as a result of the EA’s Strategic Review of Charges (SRoC) programme. This consultation seeks stakeholders’ views on further charge proposals which have been developed to take effect in England from April 2019.
The EA says the proposed changes are designed to “add clarity” to existing charging schemes, accommodate changes to the cost of regulation and make new charging scheme changes that were not included in the SRoC.
The proposals cover:
- Environment Permitting Regulations (EPR) including Closed Landfill, Radioactive Substance Regulations (RSR), and other EPR changes
- The Environmental Protection (Disposal of Polychlorinated Biphenyls and other Dangerous Substances) (England and Wales) Regulations 2000
- Water Abstraction – Dee and Wye Standard Charge only
- EU Emissions Trading Scheme
- Producer Responsibility: WEEE Compliance Scheme
The EA says it will not publish individual responses but will publish a consultation response document which will summarise key themes.
“We would like your views so that we can understand the impacts and benefits, as you consider them, of the proposals outlined here,” the EA says. “We would also like to hear any suggestion on how we can improve these proposals.”
For the consultation, click here.